from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to Iran or its people, language, or culture.
- n. A native or inhabitant of Iran.
- n. A branch of the Indo-European language family that includes Persian, Kurdish, Pashto, and other languages of Iran, Afghanistan, and western Pakistan.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person from Iran or of Iranian descent.
- adj. Of, from, or pertaining to Iran, the Iranian people or the Iranian languages.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to Iran.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Relating or pertaining to Iran or the people of Iran, the ancient name of the region lying between Kurdistan and India, and the modern Persian name of Persia: specifically applied to a branch of Indo-European or Aryan tongues, including Persian, Zend, Pehlevi, Parsi or Pazend, and cognate tongues.
- n. An inhabitant of Iran; a member of one of the races speaking Iranian languages.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the modern Persian language spoken in Iran
- n. a native or inhabitant of Iran
- adj. of or relating to Iran or its people or language or culture
Sorry, no etymologies found.