American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Of or relating to Romania or its people, language, or culture.
- n. A native or inhabitant of Romania.
- n. A person of Romanian descent.
- n. The Romance language of the Romanians.
- adj. Of or relating to Romania, the Romanian people, or the Romanian language.
- n. A native of Romania.
- n. The official language of Romania and Moldova.
- adj. of or relating to or characteristic of the country of Romania or its people or languages
- n. an eastern Romance language spoken in Romania
- n. a native or inhabitant of Romania
“But the Romanian is our first foreign rights deal.”
“Romanian is a very beautiful, sensual, poetic language.”
“And from that moment onward – it was perhaps good that I learned it so late because – then I had an eye for it – I realised just how rich Romanian is in imagery, what marvellous metaphors there are, the common metaphors that people use every day, in superstitions or ... in expressions, many things are contradictory, or the names of plants, that they are called something completely different than in German.”
“But in Romanian society I am not particularly well-liked.”
“In my case Romanian always writes with me, also when I am not writing in Romanian, because I have it in my head.”
“Thanks to their mom, grandparents, and company, my sons 'Romanian is at least as good as their English.”
“The atrocities and unimaginable acts of torture in Romanian concentration camps AFTER WWII from 1949 to 1954, the entire Holocaust, the evil genocide in Bosnia, the genocide of Saddam Hussein, and on and on?”
“Cinematographer Oleg Mutu shot both of these disturbing neo-realist pictures, which herald a burgeoning new movement in Romanian film.”
“The newest trend in Romanian business: eBay scams.”
“GƒÉ ≈ üti inteligente UrmƒÉtoarea revolu ≈ £ie socialƒÉ (Smartmobs in Romanian)”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Romanian’.
This is not a scientific list based on unified criteria, the sole aim was to collect as many language names as possible.
The list contains the names of the following artificial langua...
All words of the Lisbon Treaty
(Persons' names, foreign and grammatical words have been eliminated, MWEs have been split up into individual words. Capitalization has been retained if r...
Note: Some language editions ignore diacritical marks (ie. Romanian) while others (ie. Icelandic) include them.
Looking for tweets for Romanian.