from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to Finland or its people, language, or culture.
- n. The Finno-Ugric language of the Finns.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to Finland.
- adj. Of or pertaining to the Finnish language.
- proper n. The Finno-Ugric language spoken by the majority of the people living in Finland, one of the two official languages of the country (the other is Swedish).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to Finland, to the Finns, or to their language.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to Finland or its inhabitants, or the Finnic race.
- n. The language spoken by the Finns proper, called by themselves Suomi.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or characteristic of Finland or the people of Finland
- n. the official language of Finland; belongs to the Baltic Finnic family of languages
Sorry, no etymologies found.