American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Of or relating to Estonia or its people, language, or culture.
- n. A native or inhabitant of Estonia.
- n. A person of Estonian descent.
- n. The Finno-Ugric language of Estonia.
- adj. Of, from, or pertaining to the country of Estonia, its people or their language.
- n. A person from Estonia or someone descended from such people.
- n. The Uralic language that is the official language of Estonia.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. of or pertaining to Estonia.
- n. a native or inhabitant of Estonia.
- adj. of or pertaining to Estonia or the people or culture of Estonia
- n. the official language of Estonia; belongs to the Baltic-Finnic family of languages
“I prefer calling them butter beans, as 'lima' in Estonian means 'slime' and 'slime beans' don't sound too good.”
“I think Pille nailed it when she said lima means slime in Estonian.”
“The more Estonian Tallinn gets (55 percent of Tallinn residents identify as Estonian today), the less the city's residents wanted to deal with a May”
“The name of the festival recalls the Estonian folk party 'jaskar.”
“It is the idea of Estonian company Online Expo, run by young entrepreneurs Anna Lepp and Sergei Semjonov.”
“In a lot of other languages, such as Estonian, Russian, and German, just to focus on Central and Eastern Europe, noun phrases are written differently depending on what role they perform in the sentence:”
“The 'Estonian' nationalists could be Communist, capitalists, ecologists or what ever but they frame their political viewpoint within that of the Estonian imagined community which is now a state.”
“The panelists from several organizations in the country presented topics such as Estonian film history and marketing opportunities.”
“By that measure, the future looks bright for two icons of minimalism, the Estonian Arvo P ä rt and the American Steve Reich, subjects of noteworthy new discs.”
“And Sony Classical recently issued "Cantique," an album of three pieces from different periods in Mr. P ä rt's life, performed by the Berlin Radio Symphony Orchestra and RIAS Chamber Choir under the rising 38-year-old Estonian-American conductor Kristjan J ä rvi, who just signed an exclusive contract with Sony.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Estonian’.
This is not a scientific list based on unified criteria, the sole aim was to collect as many language names as possible.
The list contains the names of the following artificial langua...
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
All words of the Lisbon Treaty
(Persons' names, foreign and grammatical words have been eliminated, MWEs have been split up into individual words. Capitalization has been retained if r...
Looking for tweets for Estonian.