from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to the Amazon River or to Amazonia.
- adj. Characteristic of or resembling an Amazon.
- adj. Strong and aggressive. Used of women.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or relating to the Amazons; aggressive and warlike.
- adj. Having to do with the Amazon River in South America, and its surrounding region.
- adj. Of or relating to the most recent Martian geological time period.
- adj. very tall, strong and athletic.
- proper n. The Amazonian geological period.
- n. An Amazon.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to or resembling an Amazon; of masculine manners; warlike.
- adj. Of or pertaining to the river Amazon in South America, or to its valley.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or resembling an Amazon: in the following extract, beardless.
- Bold; of masculine manners; warlike; quarrelsome: applied to women.
- Belonging to the river Amazon, in South America, or to the country lying on that river.
Amazon + -ian. (Wiktionary)