from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or characteristic of Thomas Jefferson or his political attitudes and theories.
- n. A follower of Thomas Jefferson or a proponent of his politics.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, or relating to Thomas Jefferson, or his political theories.
- n. A follower of Thomas Jefferson, or an advocate of his political theories.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to, or characteristic of, Thomas Jefferson (third President of the United States) or his political doctrines, which were those of the Republicanism of his time, as opposed to those of the Federalists.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to Thomas Jefferson, third President of the United States (1801-9), and the first great leader of the Democratic (first called Anti-Federal and later Democratic-Republican) party; also, adopting the political theories held by or attributed to Jefferson.
- n. In United States politics, a supporter or an admirer of Thomas Jefferson; one who professes to accept his political doctrines; a Democrat.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a follower of Thomas Jefferson or his ideas and principles
- adj. relating to or characteristic of Thomas Jefferson or his principles or theories
Sorry, no etymologies found.