from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or characteristic of the Hebrews or their language or culture.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of, or relating to the Hebrew people, language or culture
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the Hebrews, or to the language of the Hebrews.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the Hebrews; Hebrew.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or characteristic of the Hebrews
- adj. of or relating to the language of the Hebrews
Middle English Ebraik, from Late Latin Hebrāicus, from Greek Hebraikos, from Hebraios; see Hebrew.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)