from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or having to do with atoms or atomism.
- adj. Consisting of many separate, often disparate elements: an atomistic culture.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to atoms or to atomism
- adj. Divided into separate elements; not holistic
- adj. (said of a market) divided such that no single actor can noticeably affect market-wide values such as the price; competitive
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to atoms; relating to atomism.
- adj. divided into separate and often disparate elements; -- the opposite of
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to atomism or the atomists.
- Consisting of atoms.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. divided into separate and often disparate elements
Sorry, no etymologies found.