American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Of or relating to Latvia or its people, language, or culture.
- n. A native or inhabitant of Latvia.
- n. A person of Latvian descent.
- n. The Baltic language of the Latvians. Also called Lettish.
- n. countable A person from Latvia or of Latvian descent.
- n. uncountable The official language of Latvia; Lettish
- adj. Of, from, or pertaining to Latvia, the Latvian people or the Latvian language.
- adj. of or relating to or characteristic of Latvia or its people or language
- n. a native or inhabitant of Latvia
- n. the official language of Latvia; belongs to the Baltic branch of Indo-European
- From Latvia + -an. (Wiktionary)
“It has also sold its stake in Latvian airline airBaltic.”
“It also has leaked into the Baltic languages - zvaigzne in Latvian, žvaigždė in Lithuanian.”
“Thus we come to the absurd situation of Fine Gael's road safety spokesman, Shane McEntee, proposing that road signs in Latvian, Russian and Polish should be installed on Ireland's twisting country roads, to remind these killer drivers to drive on the left and avoid alcohol.”
“The search ext extension has a custom interface that is available in English, Latvian and Russian.”
“The Madam President is fluent in Latvian, French, English, Spanish and German and partially in Portuguese and Italian.”
“According to Ojars Kalnins, Latvia's ambassador to Washington, Clinton quickly called the Latvian president to reaffirm that he meant no linkage between the question of troop withdrawals and the treatment of Russian-speakers.”
“Corson squeezed between Carolina defensemen and poked the puck toward Irbe, but the Latvian was able to make a left leg save to preserve the 1-0 lead.”
“The contest gave her the first prize and the great love of the borthers Latvian, which is the greatest achievement till now.”
“Some Latvians regard the Latvian Waffen SS, also known as the Latvian Legion, as heroes who fought not for the Nazis, but for Latvian independence against Soviet occupiers.”
“It will probably also include Latvia's Fatherland and Freedom party, whose representatives take the view - with individual variations, according to taste - that those who fought in the so-called Latvian Legion (the Latvian units of the Waffen-SS) were brave patriots allying with one devil to fend off a worse one, Stalin's Soviet Union.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Latvian’.
This is not a scientific list based on unified criteria, the sole aim was to collect as many language names as possible.
The list contains the names of the following artificial langua...
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
All words of the Lisbon Treaty
(Persons' names, foreign and grammatical words have been eliminated, MWEs have been split up into individual words. Capitalization has been retained if r...
And why did I pick this list instead of the others????? Cuz I think Latvia is Awesome.
Note: Some language editions ignore diacritical marks (ie. Romanian) while others (ie. Icelandic) include them.
Looking for tweets for Latvian.