from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that causes sorrow, grief, or disappointment: "one young and chaste, the other a dissolute heartbreaker of 48; one prim, the other passionate” ( Ellen McGarrahan).
- n. Sports & Games A narrow or last-minute defeat.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Something that or someone who causes sorrow, grief or extreme disappointment.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which breaks hearts.
- n. A curl; a love-lock.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a narrow defeat or a defeat at the last minute
- n. a charming person who is irresponsible in emotional relationships
Sorry, no etymologies found.