from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. The son of Aphrodite and Dionysus, god of procreation, and guardian of gardens and vineyards; personification of the phallus.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The male generative power or function personified as a deity: originally an epithet or cognomen of Bacchus, then a personification of the phallus.
- n. [lowercase] A symbol or representation of the male generative organ; a phallus.
- n. [lowercase] The male genitals; the virile organ in the state of erection.
- n. [l. c] In medieval warfare, some kind of projecting machine, probably an early form of cannon.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (classical mythology) god of male procreative power and guardian of gardens and vineyards
Latin, from Ancient Greek Πρίαπος (Príapos). (Wiktionary)