from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. someone who strangles, especially who murders by strangling
- n. an epiphyte whose aerial roots eventually strangle the tree on which it grows
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, strangles.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which strangles or destroys.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who kills by strangling
- n. an epiphytic vine or tree whose aerial roots extend down the trunk of a supporting tree and coalesce around it eventually strangling the tree
Sorry, no etymologies found.