from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To dress or groom (oneself) with meticulous or excessive attention to detail.
- intransitive v. To dress or groom oneself with elaborate care; preen.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To spend time improving ones appearance (often in front of a mirror).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- v. To be formal or affected in dress or manners; -- often with up.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To dross or deck (one's self) in a formal and affected manner.
- To be formal or affected.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. dress or groom with elaborate care
Perhaps alteration of prim1.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)