American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- v. To dress as or cause to resemble a dandy.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To make or form like a dandy; give the character or style of a dandy to.
- v. To dress as, or to adopt the style of, a dandy.
GNU Webster's 1913
- v. To cause to resemble a dandy; to make dandyish.
- v. dress like a dandy
- dandy + -ify (Wiktionary)
“Was she going to the races or a match, or a kettle-drum, that she must dandify herself with particular shades of color?”
“You wouldn't think anyone could dandify the mixing of that drink, but Oldan has a trick where he wets his palm and presses the soda can to his skin until it forms a seal.”
‘dandify’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for dandify.