from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To adorn or ornament in a showy fashion.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To deck, ornament, or adorn; to grace.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To deck, ornament, or adorn; to grace.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To deck out; adorn; grace: as, “bedecking ornaments,” ; “bedecked, ornate, and gay,”
- A simplified spelling of bedecked.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. decorate
From be- + deck. Cognate with West Frisian bedekke ("to cover"), Dutch bedekken ("to cover, coat, overlay"), German bedecken ("to cover, top, overlay"), Swedish betäcka ("to cover, shelter"). (Wiktionary)