from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See Table at currency.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The currency unit of Albania, divided into 100 qindarka.
- n. An aggregation of male animals for the purposes of courtship and display.
- v. To take part in the courtship and display behaviour of a lek.
- v. To play.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- A dialectal variant of lake.
- n. An assemblage of black cocks, Tetrao tetrix, during the pairing season, when the birds select their mates.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the basic unit of money in Albania
Albanian, after Lek Dukagjin, 15th-century Albanian feudal lord and lawgiver.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Albanian lek. (Wiktionary)
From Germanic roots meaning "play". In the biology sense, it comes specifically from Swedish lek ("child's play") in 1871, by means of Swedish leka ("to play"). (Wiktionary)