from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To take heed of or to have caution.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To make account of; to care for; to heed; to regard; consider.
- v. To care; to matter.
- v. To concern, to be important
- v. To think.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- intransitive v. To make account; to take heed; to care; to mind; -- often followed by of.
- transitive v. To make account of; to care for; to heed; to regard.
- transitive v. To concern; -- used impersonally.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To take heed; have a care; mind; heed; care: usually in a negative clause, often followed by of.
- To think.
- To take heed of; care for; regard; consider: be concerned about.
Don't get me wrong: Not all is dark in "reck room."
"Oh! ve comes here look for yoo, 'cause peepils d'reck 'ums -- show de way.
In "reck room" we dream of greatness but accept mediocrity.
Armchair artists and weekend crafters are as much a part of "reck room" as big-finger-waving cheeseheads, thanks to McDonough's liberal use of materials you can buy at Michael's.
Yet, like the best of Beckett's dialogues, McDonough's theater of the absurd -- the show's title is the intentionally misspelled and lowercased "reck room" -- has a few good ideas to share.
Your probably the same ones who thought that 7 pounds was gonna be a plane reck, but he murdered that roll.
The garbage, weed ridden grass, smahed windows and stench I can understand – but how does a car reck get there? on October 30, 2009 at 2: 35 pm PC A HUNN
I think because it could reck your friends gun and it would not be safe to bary it.
Make no mistake, failure to enact a comprehensive healthcare bill the includes some kind of a public option plan, would reck the Democratic Party for decades to come.
Wun uv teh gyz dat halpz wif teh teevee stufs at owr cherch gotted hert reelee bad inna car reck lastist nyt.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.