from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The specifications, as for a building to be constructed.
- n. Speculation.
- transitive v. To write or supply specifications for.
- adj. Of or relating to specifications: a manufacturer's spec sheet.
- adj. Done, constructed, produced, or purchased as a speculation: a spec job; a spec house.
- idiom on spec On a speculation basis; with no assurance of profit: houses built on spec; writes TV commercials on spec.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. short form of specification
- n. short form of speculation
- n. short form of specialization
- n. short form of special
- n. a special place (for hiding or viewing)
- v. To specify, especially in a formal specification document.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A colloquial abbreviation of speculation.
- n. In natural history, an abbreviation of specimen: with a plural specs., sometimes specc. Compare sp.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work
Sorry, no etymologies found.