American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- v. To make or become beautiful.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To make or render beautiful; adorn; deck; grace; decorate; embellish.
- Synonyms Adorn, Ornament, etc. See adorn and decorate.
- To become beautiful; advance in beauty.
GNU Webster's 1913
- v. To make or render beautiful; to add beauty to; to adorn; to deck; to grace; to embellish.
- v. To become beautiful; to advance in beauty.
- v. be beautiful to look at
- v. make more attractive by adding ornament, colour, etc.
- v. make more beautiful
“a fresh MBA starts in six figures. (median package for Wharton grads is 145K$) I suspect that they assume ulterior motives because they have no other explanation. oracle says: term beautify”
“May 29, 2009 7: 16 PM how do you "beautify" a radio tower?”
“Holes dug ubiquitously in an effort to "beautify" the Indian capital – millions of pot plants were to be planted – have contributed to an outbreak of dengue fever.”
“The idea, says Shih, was to "beautify" dictatorship.”
“Then I switch to the computer where I edit and "beautify" what I had written until I'm happy with it.”
“President Robert Mugabe's government, then - as it has now - wanted to "beautify" the city - although this time around it says the controversial demolitions campaign is also aimed at ridding cities of crime and giving people a chance to lead better lives.”
“All the tricks you would need to "beautify" a struts-config document are embodied in this one.”
“Her sphere is within the household, which she should "beautify," and of which she should be the "chief ornament.”
“S Africa unleashes gangs to 'beautify' World Cup venues”
“There is no firm commitment to investigate the many specific allegations in the media, such as Gauteng Premier Nomvula Mokonyane's decision to award a R30m rand tender to 'beautify' the highway leading to OR Tambo Airport without going through a proper tender process," he said.”
Looking for tweets for beautify.