from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To smear; soil.
- transitive v. To ornament in a vulgar, showy fashion.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To smear upon; to soil.
- v. To ornament garishly; to overdecorate.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To daub over; to besmear or soil with anything thick and dirty.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To daub over; besmear; soil.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. spread or daub (a surface)
From be- (“thoroughly, extensively”) + daub, from Old French dauber ("to plaster, whitewash"), from Latin dealbō ("whiten over, plaster"). (Wiktionary)