from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Smarmy speech or behavior.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. smarmy language or behavior
- v. To fawn, to be unctuous.
- v. To address in a fawning and unctuous manner.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. excessive but superficial compliments given with affected charm
Back-formation from smarmy.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Back-formation from smarmy. (Wiktionary)