from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A white or tinted liquid containing zinc oxide, water, glue, and coloring matter, used as a wash for walls and ceilings.
- transitive v. To cover or wash with calcimine.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A form of whitewash made from zinc oxide, glue and water, used to coat plaster surfaces.
- v. To coat with this substance
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A white or colored wash for the ceiling or other plastering of a room, consisting of a mixture of clear glue, Paris white or zinc white, and water.
- transitive v. To wash or cover with calcimine.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A superior kind of white or tinted wash for the walls of rooms, ceilings, etc. Incorrectly, kalsomine.
- To wash or cover with calcimine: as, to calcimine walls. Also, incorrectly, kalsomine.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a water-base paint containing zinc oxide and glue and coloring; used as a wash for walls and ceilings
- v. cover with calcimine
Originally a trademark.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)