from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A contemptible person.
- n. An informer.
- n. A hired strikebreaker.
- intransitive v. To inform against another person.
- intransitive v. To withhold promised support or participation: They said they'd help us, but then finked out.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Someone who betrays a trust.
- v. To betray a trust.
Origin unknown.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)