Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A bench; a seat.
- n. A wooden frame, fixed to the wall of a house, for holding dishes.
- n. A bank; an acclivity.
- n. In cotton manufacturing, a stock of cotton composed of successive layers from different bales; a bunker. In supplying cotton to the machinery, the stock is raked down in such a manner as to mix the material thoroughly.
- To play the part of ‘Binks the bagman’; act in the manner of a binkser. See quotation under binkser.
- n. UK, Northern England, Scotland, dialect A bench.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. North of Eng. & Scot. A bench.
“His wife, on the one side, in her pearlings and pudding-sleeves, put the last finishing touch to her holiday's apparel, while she contemplated a very handsome and good-humoured face in a broken mirror, raised upon the "bink" (the shelves on which the plates are disposed) for her special accommodation.”
“Typically, when a raptor appears, starlings produce a metallic "bink" call to alert the flock.”
“Tip o' the keyboard to bink, who sent me these 21st century Dr Who pics and pointed out the differences between them and the old Dr Who and Star Trek.”
“Bink bink manips biography bird flight birthdays biscotti”
“You could try substituting corn starch for flour, bink.”
“Valentine Greetings bink made this but she said I could post it because she's always happy to share the Joop joy.”
“Living for a year in New Bedford, MA-- the port Ishmael ships out of in Moby Dick--while bink teaches illustration; I spend my time after my shift as a janitor at the YW working out to the soundtrack of Dirty Dancing 1987, and for the first time in my life am in great physical shape.”
“As for bink, of course I'm biased b/c I get to lay my head down on the pillow next to her, but what a little hottie.”
“Our friend Bruce dies of AIDS, and bink and I, with our dog Bop, return to Mpls. and move in with his partner Jim.”
“While bink finds ways to live as a painter, I get a job at an art college library, which uses a card catalog and rubber date stamps.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘bink’.
words for quiet sounds
( randomness, descriptive )
Another of my random palavery lists for words or phrases that haven't yet found a place in one or more of my other lists.
There it is.
Looking for tweets for bink.