American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A dessert consisting of a mold of sponge cake or bread with a filling, as of fruits, whipped cream, or custard.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A name given to certain rich and delicate sweet dishes.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A kind of pie or pudding made by lining a dish with slices of bread, and filling it with bread soaked in milk, and baked.
- n. a mold lined with cake or crumbs and filled with fruit or whipped cream or custard
- n. the largest city in North Carolina; located in south central North Carolina
- French, from the personal name Charlotte. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“i wish i could help but im in charlotte, nc. i hope someone will take your friend fishin.”
“A charlotte is a pudding made of a savoiardi crust filled with a fruit mousse.”
“Certain edibles, such as charlotte-russe, Spanish cream, wine jellies and mousses, to say nothing of the caviars and anchovies, were wholly unknown to them; but they ate the dainties with a wise disregard of their inexperience and enjoyed them immensely.”
“Written By charlotte on March 6th, 2009 @ 4: 41 pm”
“Written By charlotte on March 13th, 2009 @ 5: 47 pm”
“We are all well, but have not had a word from charlotte since your last, in which you said that your letter would come accompanied by some things of hers, these things, whatever they were, did not come.”
“I guess Obama must believe opposing videos of dog violence goes against core American values (a phrase he used as a Senator to oppose Alito). charlotte”
“NO - read the transcript - Daniel says he is “in love” with charlotte.”
“The depth or the duration of his woe. admin Uncategorized charlotte turner smith, elegiac sonnets, jennifer kwon dobbs, sonnet lxx”
“I wonder if you think 51 is too old hi my name is chad and I am calling from charlotte”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘charlotte’.
Names of girls in song titles. Not in the lyrics, just in the titles.
Just the name on the list, then the full title with any identifying notes in the comments, please.
Can be the same ...
Given names that were acceptable for play the last time I checked the OWL.
There are only 95 counties, but this list also includes independent cities. Some have the same name (e.g. Bedford), so tags on each word say whether a Virginia county, Virginia city, or both.
because wordsmith is not a verb.
Boston: Re-Printed and Sold at J. Draper's Printing-Office in Newbury-Street. (Price Sixteen Pence single.)
See the companion list, A LIST of the Men of War the French have left," 174...
Girls' names, inspired by a fellow wordie.
Like a baby name book, but revolving around my personal tastes.
Looking for tweets for charlotte.