from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A dessert consisting of a mold of sponge cake or bread with a filling, as of fruits, whipped cream, or custard.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A dessert containing sponge, fruit and cream or custard.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A kind of pie or pudding made by lining a dish with slices of bread, and filling it with bread soaked in milk, and baked.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A name given to certain rich and delicate sweet dishes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a mold lined with cake or crumbs and filled with fruit or whipped cream or custard
- n. the largest city in North Carolina; located in south central North Carolina
French, from the personal name Charlotte.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)