American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- The capital and largest city of Manitoba, Canada, in the southeast part of the province at the confluence of the Red and Assiniboine rivers. Founded as a fur-trading post, it developed rapidly after the coming of the railroad in 1881. It is a commercial center and one of the world's largest wheat markets. Population: 633,000.
- LakeWinnipeg A lake of south-central Manitoba, Canada. A remnant of the glacial Lake Agassiz, it is now a popular resort area surrounded by valuable timberlands.
- n. A city in Canada, the provincial capital of Manitoba.
- n. Lake Winnipeg, a large lake in Manitoba.
- n. Winnipeg River, a river that flows 813 km from Lake of the Woods, Ontario, into Lake Winnipeg.
- n. a lake in southern Canada in Manitoba
- n. the capital and largest city of Manitoba; located in southern Manitoba; known for severe winters
“He passed the door of a solicitor's office, where a small sum of money, the proceeds of a legacy, had been paid him the day before, and he finally made his way into the free library of Winnipeg, and took down a file of the _Winnipeg Chronicle_.”
“WINNIPEG - While flooding remains a worry in towns south of Winnipeg, the Manitoba capital”
“WINNIPEG - A 50-year-old man who has a physical disability and uses a cane to walk was stabbed when he refused to hand over money to a suspect he encountered on a downtown street, according to Winnipeg police.”
“WINNIPEG - The man whom RCMP found after he went missing recently in a Manitoba provincial park is also wanted on a warrant for missing a court date on assault charges stemming from a naked rampage in a Winnipeg condominium.”
“WINNIPEG - Winnipeg police have seen quite enough of a flasher who targeted young girls recently ... or at least enough to get a suspect into custody.”
“WINNIPEG - It was supposed to be a celebration, but an 18th birthday party in Winnipeg turned deadly early Saturday morning.”
“WINNIPEG - A 62-year-old man was killed and an 18-year-old woman was injured early Saturday after a woman went on a rampage, according to Winnipeg police.”
“WINNIPEG - For years, Winnipeg doctor Pierre Plourde has dreamt of building a community health centre in Port-au-Prince, complete with a medical clinic, a school, a feeding centre for young children and recreation facilities.”
“WINNIPEG - Winnipeg police have released composite sketches of two males who allegedly sexually assaulted a 14-year-old girl in the city's West Kildonan area Friday night.”
“WINNIPEG - Winnipeg Mayor Sam Katz handed out his second key to Winnipeg in as many weeks Sunday, this time to actor Henry Winkler, who was in town for the World of Wheels show at the Winnipeg Convention Centre.”
‘Winnipeg’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for Winnipeg.