from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small drop; a globule.
- n. A soft thick lump or mass: a glob of mashed potatoes; globs of red mud.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A round, shapeless or amorphous lump, as of a semisolid substance.
- n. A limited pattern matching technique using wildcards, less powerful than a regular expression.
- v. To stick in globs or lumps.
- v. To carry out pattern matching using a glob.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a compact mass, especially of a semiliquid or viscous substance.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- See globe, n., 6, and globe, v. t., 2.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a compact mass
Middle English globbe, large mass, from Latin globus, globular mass.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)