from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Slang A person, especially a clumsy or uncouth one.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A clumsy or uncouth person.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A noisy, swaggering, or worthless fellow; a rowdy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A fellow: a term of humorous contempt, often implying something awkward, silly, or weak in the person so designated.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a disreputable or clumsy man
Origin unknown.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)