from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small dog of a breed developed in Germany for hunting badgers and having a long body, a usually shorthaired brown or black and brown coat, drooping ears, and very short legs.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A certain breed of dog having short legs and a long trunk, including miniature, long-haired, and short-haired varieties.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One of a breed of small dogs with short crooked legs, and long body; -- called also badger dog. There are two kinds, the rough-haired and the smooth-haired.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The German badger-dog; a breed of short-legged, long-bodied dogs used to draw or bait badgers.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. small long-bodied short-legged German breed of dog having a short sleek coat and long drooping ears; suited for following game into burrows
My almost 19 year old dachshund is used to traveling with me and does not need any tranquillizer.
Edward is a dachshund, which is sometimes referred to as a sausage or wiener dog.
Dogs of every description from the poodle to the St. Bernard and from the wolfhound to the half-breed dachshund, which is half German and half Bolshevik and looks the part.
I think, coming from a dachshund, that is pretty -
Next Page 1 | 2 Previous Page In Laura Nichols 'Maplewood, N.J., home, Poochie the dachshund is a hot
- One ounce of cheddar cheese fed to a dachshund is the equivalent of an average woman eating two and a half hamburgers
Until the other day, it never occurred to me that "dachshund" was any different.
One of the boarders was telling a story in which a "dachshund" figured.
It’s raining here this morning, just a light rain instead of the toad strangler we had two days ago, and mercifully no lightning — our dachshund is a huge baby during storms.
Enjoy fun contests such as dachshund races, bier barrel bowling, a German Idol yodeling contest, a German spelling bee and more. venue.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.