from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A male ass or donkey.
- n. A foolish or stupid person; a blockhead: "You've acted like an irrational jackass and it's time you stopped” ( Margaret Truman).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A male donkey.
- n. A foolish or stupid person.
- n. An inappropriately rude or obnoxious person.
- proper n. A jack and an ace as a starting hand in Texas hold 'em due to phonetic similarity
- v. To behave very obnoxiously.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The male ass; a donkey.
- n. A conceited dolt; a perverse blockhead; -- disparaging and offensive.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A male ass; a jack.
- n. Hence A very stupid or ignorant person: used in contempt.
- n. Nautical, same as hawse-bag.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. male donkey
- n. a man who is a stupid incompetent fool
Sorry, no etymologies found.