from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A body opening or passage, such as the opening of the ear or the urethral canal.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A tubular opening or passage in the body.
- n. Plural form of meatus.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A natural passage or canal. See Illust. of ear.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In anatomy, a passage: applied to various ducts of the body.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a natural body passageway
Latin meātus, passage, from past participle of meāre, to pass; see mei-1 in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin meātus ("a course, passing"). (Wiktionary)