American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The glans penis.
- n. The glans clitoridis.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In botany, the acorn, or a similar fruit.
- n. In medicine: A strumous swelling or enlargement of the thyroid gland; bronchocele; goiter.
- n. A pessary; a suppository.
- n. In anatomy, the head of the penis or of the clitoris. More fully called glans penis and glans clitoridis.
- n. [capitalized] In conchology, a genus of mollusks.
- n. The vascular body which forms the apex of the penis.
- n. The vascular body which forms the extremity of the clitoris.
- n. The acorn or mast of the oak and similar fruits.
- n. A goiter.
- n. A pessary.
- n. rare Plural form of glans.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Anat.) The vascular body which forms the apex of the penis, and the extremity of the clitoris.
- n. (Bot.) The acorn or mast of the oak and similar fruits.
- n. obsolete, obsolete Goiter.
- n. obsolete A pessary.
- n. a small rounded structure; especially that at the end of the penis or clitoris
- From Latin glans ("acorn"). (Wiktionary)
- Latin glāns, gland-, acorn, glans (from its shape). (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“This latter organ is external and situated at the extremity of the trunk; it is composed of two separate parts: of which the extreme part is fleshy, does not alter in size, and is called the glans; and round about it is a skin devoid of any specific title, which integument if it be cut asunder never grows together again, any more than does the jaw or the eyelid.”
“The next most sensitive part of the penis is the glans, which is the head of the penis.”
“This expansion, termed the glans penis, is moulded on the rounded ends of the corpora cavernosa penis, extending farther on their upper than on their lower surfaces.”
“At the summit of the glans is the slit-like vertical external urethral orifice.”
“Thus the glans, which is quite smooth in man and the higher apes, is covered with spines in many of the lower apes and in the cat, and in many of the rodents with hairs (marmot) or scales”
“The tip of the penis, called glans pens, has an outlet for the blood to be drained out.”
“− body is composed of the urethra covered by corpus spongiosum, erectile corpus cavernosum muscle, and finally erectile bulbospongiosum muscle − penis ends in the "glans" penis; composed of soft erectile corpus spongiosum tissue; covered by elastic skin and can expand to”
“With over 50 percent of one-year-old boys, the foreskin cannot be pushed over the glans, and with boys of three years of age, this inability still affects 10 percent.”
“She sliced off part of his glans penis with the Stanley knife and put it into his mouth.”
“Typically by middle age the glans of the circumcised penis has lost much of its receptive potential and the man requires more abrasive stimulation to achieve orgasm.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘glans’.
This came up on auroch, which is a misspelling of aurochs.
Nowhere else to put these yet.
A collection of words about doing the nasty.
Words to remember from Nabokov's "Lolita"
Looking for tweets for glans.