from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A tack with a smooth, rounded head that can be pressed into place with the thumb.
- transitive v. To affix with a thumbtack.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A small nail-like tack with a slightly rounded head that can be pressed into place with light pressure from the thumb; used for hanging light articles on a wall or noticeboard
- v. To fix or attach something with a thumbtack.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. fasten with thumbtacks
- n. a tack for attaching papers to a bulletin board or drawing board
Sorry, no etymologies found.