from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A piece of armor that forms part of a helmet and protects the nose.
- n. The part of a pair of eyeglasses that fits across the nose.
- n. See noseband.
- n. The part of a microscope, often rotatable, to which one or more objective lenses are attached.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Anything (originally a piece of armour) that protects the nose
- n. The bridge between spectacle lenses that rests on the nose
- n. The part of a microscope that holds the objectives
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a strap that is the part of a bridle that goes over the animal's nose
- n. the link between two lenses; rests on the nose
- n. armor plate that protects the nose
Sorry, no etymologies found.