from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A support for a book, holding it open for reading or copying.
- n. A prompter at a theatre.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A prompter at a theater.
- n. A support for a book, holding it open, while one reads or copies from it.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The prompter at a theater.
- n. A reading-desk or other device for supporting a book while open.
book + holder (Wiktionary)