from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small counter where books are sold.
- n. A bookrack.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A small stall where books are sold
- n. A rack for holding books; a bookrack
- n. A stand, made for holding books open
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A place or stand for the sale of books in the streets; a bookstall.
- n. A stand to hold books for reading or reference.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A stand or support to hold books for reading or reference.
- n. A stand or frame for containing books offered for sale on the streets, etc.
- n. A set of shelves for books.
Sorry, no etymologies found.