from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that inverts or produces inversion.
- n. A device used to convert direct current into alternating current.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. something that inverts, or causes inversion
- n. a device that converts direct current into alternating current
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an electrical converter that converts direct current into alternating current
Sorry, no etymologies found.