Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which oscillates.
- n. One of the Oscillatoria.
- n. In machinery, any oscillating machine or part of a machine, as the oscillating shuttle of a sewing-machine, or the mechanism by which a power-hammer is vibrated or tilted.
- n. A motor in which the piston oscillates in the cylinder over a minute range at high speed. In combination with a dynamo it is used to obtain currents of high frequency.
- n. In wireless telegraphy, that part of the transmitting apparatus which produces the electric waves or oscillations. See wireless telegraphy.
- n. a tuned electronic circuit used to generate a continuous output waveform
- n. cellular automata A pattern that returns to its original state, in the same orientation and position, after a finite number of generations.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Electronics) One that oscillates. Any device or circuit for producing electric oscillations, whether of current or voltage; esp., an apparatus for generating electric waves in a system of wireless telegraphy.
- n. (Mech.) An instrument for measuring rigidity by the torsional oscillations of a weighted wire.
- n. generator that produces sonic oscillations or alternating current
“The gain factor and coupling of each oscillator is not fixed.”
“The harmonic oscillator is too simple; very often you can work out what it should do in quantum theory without getting much of a clue as to how to generalize your results to other systems.”
“We expect stock to take support and bounce back from current levels which is further supported by short term oscillator stochastic generating buy signal on daily chart.”
“This was followed by the construction of an 'oscillator' - in which a gene activates its own expression and that of another gene, which, in turn, represses the activating gene”
“She was very sick and was put on a different ventilator, called the oscillator, which was a terrifying machine.”
“The oscillator was a basic artigrav unit, stripped of its damping circuits and mounted near the primary power generator.”
“Bill Cara has a very useful trading framework using quality companies and what I'd call oscillator multiple time frame extremes.”
“Precision Devices has introduced the OC8037 miniature clock oscillator, which is targeted at extreme-temperature and harsh-environment applications.”
“Wave Wave allows you to select the waveform of the oscillator, which is responsible for the basic tone color.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘oscillator’.
includes words of the "Prodcom list"
Looking for tweets for oscillator.