from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who owns a share or shares of stock in a company. Also called stockowner.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who owns stock.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who is a holder or proprietor of stock in the public funds, or in the funds of a bank or other stock company.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who is a proprietor of stock in the public funds, or who holds some of the shares of a bank or other company.
- n. A proprietor of stock, that is, of herds of cattle or flocks of sheep; a grazier.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who holds shares of stock in a corporation
stock + holder (Wiktionary)