from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Law One that makes an assignment.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The person or party which makes an assignment.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An assigner; a person who assigns or transfers an interest.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In law, one who makes an assignment, or assigns an interest.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (law) the party who makes an assignment
Sorry, no etymologies found.