from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that holds a mortgage.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who provides a loan secured upon the borrowers' property, the lender in a mortgage agreement.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The person to whom property is mortgaged, or to whom a mortgage is made or given.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One to whom property is mortgaged.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the person who accepts a mortgage
Sorry, no etymologies found.