from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The recipient of a gift.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Someone who receives a gift from a donor.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The person to whom a gift or donation is made.
- n. Anciently, one to whom lands were given; in later use, one to whom lands and tenements are given in tail; in modern use, one on whom a power is conferred for execution; -- sometimes called the appointor.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A person to whom a gift or a donation is made.
- n. Specifically, in law: One to whom a voluntary conveyance is made.
- n. One to whom land is conveyed in fee tail.
- n. An appointee; one to whom a power is given. See power.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the recipient of funds or other benefits
don(or) + -ee1.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)