from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Law One to whom a devise is made.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the person or entity to whom property is devised in a will
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One to whom a devise is made, or real estate given by will.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The person to whom a devise is made; one to whom real estate is bequeathed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone to whom property (especially realty) is devised by will
Sorry, no etymologies found.