from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who is very reluctant to spend money; a miser.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. one who is excessively stingy or cautious with money; a tightwad; a miser
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A penurious person; a miser; a niggard.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who makes use of contemptible means to get or save money; a mean, niggardly, or avaricious person; a miser.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a selfish person who is unwilling to give or spend
Sorry, no etymologies found.