from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of patch.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of mending a hole in a garment by sewing a patch over it.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of mending by the addition of a patch or patches.
- n. A patch, or patches collectively; a patched place.
- n. Wadding for a rifle-ball.
- n. Patchery; hypocrisy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of mending a hole in a garment by sewing a patch over it
Sorry, no etymologies found.