from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that forwards, especially an agent that facilitates and assures the passage of received goods to their destination.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. superlative form of forward.
- n. One who, or that which, forwards something to another destination.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who forwards or promotes; a promoter.
- n. One who sends forward anything
- n. One employed in forwarding.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who forwards or sends forward; specifically, in the United States, one who ships or sends forward goods for others to their destination by the instrumentality of third persons; a forwarding merchant.
- n. One who forwards, promotes, advances, or furthers.
- n. In bookbinding, a workman who, after receiving the sewed book, puts on its back and covers, trims its edges, and fits it for the finisher.
From forward + -er. (Wiktionary)