from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One in favor of outlawing the manufacture and sale of alcoholic beverages.
- n. A member or supporter of the Prohibition Party.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who agrees with, or advocates a prohibition; especially with the outlawing of the sale of alcoholic beverages
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who favors prohibitory duties on foreign goods in commerce; a protectionist.
- n. One who favors the prohibition of the sale (or of the sale and manufacture) of alcoholic liquors as beverages.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who is in favor of prohibition, especially the prohibition by law of the manufacture and sale of alcoholic drinks, except for medicinal or sacramental uses; specifically [capitalized], in United States politics, a member of the Prohibition party.
- Favoring such prohibition.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a reformer who opposes the use of intoxicating beverages
Sorry, no etymologies found.