from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Unreasonably or stubbornly resisting change.
- adj. Fanatically opposing progress or reform.
- adj. Complete; having no opposite opinion of anything in a particular topic of one's values; thorough of in one's beliefs.
- n. A person with such an attitude.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. one who stubbornly adheres to traditional and outdated views.
- n. one who vigorously defends an apparently hopeless position, a lost cause, etc.
- adj. stubbornly and vigorously resisting in the face of seemingly hopeless odds.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. continue to exist
- adj. tradition-bound and obstinately opinionated
- n. one who adheres to traditional views
From the idiom "to die hard". (Wiktionary)