from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Engaged in dispute or argument.
- n. One engaged in a dispute.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A participant in a dispute.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Disputing; engaged in controversy.
- n. One who disputes; one who argues in opposition to another; one appointed to dispute; a controvertist; a reasoner in opposition.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Disputing; debating; engaged in controversy.
- n. One who disputes or debates; one who argues in opposition to another; a debater.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who disputes; who is good at or enjoys controversy
dispute + -ant (Wiktionary)