from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Experienced in the ways of the world.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. experienced in the ways of the world; sophisticated and cosmopolitan
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Wise in regard to things of this world.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Wise with reference to the affairs of this world.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. experienced in and wise to the ways of the world
Sorry, no etymologies found.